What Should I Do if I Am Injured While at Work?

If you are injured at your workplace, or while driving a vehicle as part of your job, you are entitled to workers compensation benefits which will pay your lost wages and your medical bills. Make sure your employer submits a claim to its workers compensation insurance company.

Take photographs of whatever caused your injury. If some equipment was defective, make sure you can find out the manufacturer of the equipment and the model number.

At the time you are injured, go to the emergency room, either by ambulance or on your own, and get treatment for your injury. Follow up on the recommendations made at the emergency room.

After you have received initial treatment, contact the law offices of Norman M. Block, P.C. We can help determine if there is someone responsible for your accident other than your employer. Do note that in New York, you cannot sue your employer since you receive workers compensation benefits instead. We can also refer you to a workers compensation lawyer who will make sure you get the appropriate benefits from the workers compensation insurance.