Matrimonial and Family Law

Matrimonial and Family Law Attorney in Westchester County

Divorce and family law issues can become very complicated. At the law office of Norman M. Block, P.C., we can help you understand your legal rights with respect to these issues and provide guidance on how to proceed. While we can litigate whenever necessary, litigation can become very lengthy and very costly, both financially and emotionally.

Litigation can also be harmful for children who are caught in the middle of the parents' disagreements. We will make every attempt to keep the proceedings professional and rational, and attempt to reach a reasonable conclusion without the need for extensive court proceedings and protracted battles. But, if they are necessary, we will stand with you all the way.

Under the guidance of lawyer Norman M. Block, our firm handles all aspects of New York matrimonial and family law, including:

  • Divorce and equitable division of property
  • Divorce mediation and collaborative divorce
  • Separation
  • Annulment
  • Alimony (spousal support or spousal maintenance)
  • Child support and child custody disputes
  • Visitation agreements
  • Establishment of paternity (for child support or for visitation rights)
  • Modifications of child custody, child support or other family law orders
  • Enforcement of standing court orders
  • Restraining orders

If you have been served with suit papers by your spouse or another party, whether it is in regards to a petition or a summons and complaint, it is essential that you get in touch with us immediately to discuss your rights. New York law provides specific time limitations in which responses must be submitted to these papers. Failure to provide a timely response could result in a default judgment being entered against you and your spouse automatically obtaining whatever relief has been requested.

Contact a New York Family Law Attorney

Please contact a lawyer at the offices of Norman M. Block, P.C. to discuss your specific family law situation and how we may be able to help you resolve it.